Rudolph Reinecken completed the park in Greiz. From 1869 to 1871 he attended the gardener’s college in Potsdam where he was trained as a “landscape designer” by Gustav Meyer and others.
Immediately afterwards Reinecken worked for a year under Eduard Petzold in the park at Muskau. On 1. March 1873, Prince Heinrich XXII employed him as court gardener in Greiz.
There Reinecken was mostly in charge of laying out the landscape park. Later promoted to the rank of Garteninspektor, Reinecken was taken over by the newly founded State of Thuringia in 1920 until he retired in 1923 – after 50 years of service.